We can't change the trend of the financial difficulty of printing a publication We remain committed to providing you with trusted information.
It's never easy to say goodbye to an old friend There is something special about holding a newspaper in your hand. Unlike other forms of communication, newspapers are a...
Trinity on the Hill UMC: Mission Training event
A training event featuring top national and international leadership in missions and outreach will be held at Trinity on the Hill UMC on Feb. 2. From 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., workshops will be facilitated by mission leaders from the General Board of Global Ministries of The United Methodist Church, the Mission Society, the World Methodist Evangelism Institute, Global Praise, and the North Georgia Annual Conference of The United Methodist Church.
This will be an exceptional training event to assist churches in local and international outreach. Lunch and refreshments will be provided for $10 payable the day of the event at the registration table. Registration is required as seating may be limited due to interest in the classes.
Choose one morning session from 10:15-11:45 a.m. and one afternoon session from 1-2:30 p.m.
“Children’s Ministry and Mission,” Mrs. Kim Torres, GBGM Church & Community Worker
“Christ and Culture in Africa,” Rev. Mande Muyombo, GBGM
“Congregational Mission Bridges to the World,” Rev. Mike Selleck, NGUMC
“Developing Strong Mission Partnerships,” Rev. Patrick Friday, GBGM
“Evangelism & Mission,” Dr. Winston Worrell, World Methodist Evangelism Institute
“Mission as Bridge of Church and Community,” and “Building Bridges to Youth and Young Adults in Your Community,” Rev. Jasmine Smothers, NGUMC
“Mission Leader Training: 5 Ps of Missions Done Well in the Local Church,” Mr. Stan Self, The Mission Society
“Missionaries for the 21st Century,” Dr. Thomas Kemper, GBGM
“Multicultural Ministry,” Rev. Nora Martinez, GBGM
“Muslims, Christians, and Jesus,” Rev. Dick McClain, The Mission Society
“Singing God’s Song: From Everywhere to Everywhere,” Rev. Debra Tyree, GBGM Global Praise
Check-in begins at 8:30 a.m., with opening assembly and worship at 9 a.m. led by Rev. Dick McClain and Dr. Thomas Kemper. Workshops begin after worship. The church is on Augusta at 1330 Monte Sano Avenue, Augusta GA 30904 (beside Augusta State University). Register online at www.trinityonthehill.net or call the missions office 706-738-8822, ext. 57.
Related Articles in 12/21/2012 Edition
- Christ Church UMC-Birmingham: Hosting conference
- Mountain View UMC: Bethelehem Walk draws more than 7,000
- The season of giving, even when it means the coat off your back
Related Articles Recent Editions
- Babbie Mason, Jessica LaGrone at Roswell UMC
- Dunwoody UMC: Performance of 'Our Town'
- East Point First Mallalieu UMC: Children's activities
- Midway UMC: Serving the homeless
- Cascade UMC Korean War veterans honored with Ambassador for Peace medal
- Chatsworth FUMC, Ringgold UMC win grants
- Lawrenceville Road UMC: Puppet for Praise
- Mt. Gilead UMC: Weekly farmers market
- Cokes Chapel UMC: Helping stop hunger
- Moving pastors seminar: 9:30 a.m. - 3 p.m., May 23