Annual Conference 2011: Engaging in Ministry with the Poor
For the twelfth time in thirteen years, the Classic Center in Athens will serve as the host site for North Georgia Annual Conference. The 2011 events kicks off with the Laity Orientation and Clergy Executive Session at 10 a.m. on Tues., June 14. The final session ends Fri., June 17 at 5:15 p.m.
This year’s Annual Conference will follow the theme: “Engaging in Ministry with the Poor.” The emphasis is on the personal call to “Make Me a Servant Humble and Meek ... Lord Let Me Lift Up Those Who are Weak.”
Each member attending the event is responsible for making his or her own reservations for lodging. Various hotels in Athens are offering special rates for attendees. For more information, contact the Athens Convention and Visitors Bureau at 706-357-4410 or 1-800-653-0603.
Members of the Annual Conference will find a variety of restaurants and shops within walking distance of the Classic Center.
The deadline for Handbook Reports is March 21. Reports, which should not include logos, photos, a letterhead or signatures, should be done using Word software.
The Journal Handbook committee has developed the following guidelines:
*Your report will be a part of the historical record of the North Georgia Conference;
*In preparing your report, ask these questions to determine what to include and what to exclude: What purpose does this report serve for my readers? Have I included only the material essential to that purpose, or am I distracting readers with unessential information? Are the facts pertinent, reliable, accurate, complete, and current?
*When writing your report, make your readers’ job as easy as possible. Make your report accurate and complete but as concise as feasible in consideration of your purpose and your readers’ time.
For more details, go to: www.ngumc.org.
The deadline for ordering a Display Table is Mon., May 9. A separate application must be submitted for each group requesting a tabletop display. No group reservations will be accepted. There is no sharing table space with other groups unless applications have been submitted and approved by the deadline from both groups.
Tables and table skirts are provided by the Classic Center as well as one chair per display table.
Due to the election of delegates to general and jurisdictional conferences there will not be a mission project scheduled as part of Annual Conference, as in previous years.
- Battling homelessness one bed at a time
- Blakeney brings years of experience with youth to role with SEJ
- Fletcher elected president of UMHEF
- STAYING FIT: Best exercise equipment is your body
- They’re leaving fast – do we care enough to do something?
- Advocate Online
- Africa trip meaningful for missionaries, Kenyans
- From Bishop Watson: End of an era for Advocate
- It is with sadness I will read the final edition
- Newpaper's demise sparks sadness, challenge
- Newspaper was as much a gathering place as a publication
- North Georgia Denman Award winners announced
- Retired pastor and longtime contributor shares 64 years of memories
- Staying fit: Keep reasonable expectations when looking for results
- 2013 Annual Conference: Familiar site, new experience