Holy conferencing is part of our Methodist heritage Last month, I experienced another powerful movement of the Holy Spirit as the 2012 Southeastern...
The blessing and wisdom of being connected It has been said that a fool learns from his own mistakes while a wise man learns from the mistakes of others. Fool or...
Blakeney brings years of experience with youth to role with SEJ
SPECIAL TO THE ADVOCATE
Rori Blakeney has assumed the role as Regional Staff Person in the Southeastern Jurisdiction for the Young People Ministries. In this role, Blakeney will act as a liaison between the YPM and youth, youth pastor, and youth workers in the SEJ.
“Rori comes highly recommended with a wealth of experience, especially in smaller local churches,” said Hank Hilliard, Director, and Young People's Ministries Development. “An innovative leader, he has demonstrated his ability to bring small membership churches together to maximize their resources in an effort to provide quality ministry opportunities for youth in those settings.”
Blakeney will continue to serve as the part-time youth pastor at Winters Chapel United Methodist Church, a small multiracial, multi-cultural church in Doraville, while also working part-time for the Division. At Winters Chapel, he has partnered with other local churches and the scouting ministries to provide experiences such as last year’s mission trip and most recently, participation in INFUSE, a ski weekend at Lake Junaluska. Prior to joining the staff of Winters Chapel, Blakeney was the youth pastor of Hoosier Memorial UMC, where he formed a collaborative partnership with Warren Memorial UMC. The partnership produced a joint Confirmation Class and a Spring Break College Tour, now in its seventh year
“I am grateful for the opportunity to serve the people of the United Methodist Church especially youth, their parents and all who are engaged in this critical and vital ministry,” Blakeney said.
Young People’s Ministries exists to empower young people as world-changing disciples of Jesus Christ -- nurturing faith development, and equipping young leaders.
Rori Blakeney can be reached at 404-254-0874 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Related Articles in 3/4/2011 Edition
- Annual Conference 2011: Engaging in Ministry with the Poor
- Battling homelessness one bed at a time
- Fletcher elected president of UMHEF
- STAYING FIT: Best exercise equipment is your body
- They’re leaving fast – do we care enough to do something?
Related Articles Recent Editions
- Advocate Online
- 2013 Annual Conference: Familiar site, new experience
- Churches: Connect your college-bound seniors with campus ministers and Wesley Foundations
- Imagine No Malaria releases updated 'Killer in the Dark' documentary
- Lake Junaluska Summer Youth Events Offer Spiritual Leadership and Renewal
- New Horizons: Collins Memorial UMC reaching out to serve
- Young clergy gather for retreat
- After fire, Action Ministries Athens pledges to continue to serve community
- Crossing Bridges and changing lives in the Bahamas
- Finding strength through the loss of Oconee Street UMC