Each district is responsible for sending a certain number of Lay Members-At-Large* (LMAL) who attend and vote at Annual Conference. If you would like to be considered when the committee determines who will attend this year as a LMAL, then you will need to do the following two things:
1. Check your calendar and other commitments to be sure that you can attend ALL of the following dates:
- Pre-Conference Briefing on Sunday, May 21, 2017 from 3-5 PM at Harmony Grove UMC
- Annual Conference - all day for all sessions on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 in Athens, GA
- Annual Conference - all day for all sessions on Wednesday, June 14, 2017 in Athens, GA
- Annual Conference - all day for all sessions on Thursday, June 13, 2017 in Athens, GA
2. Complete the application and submit a signed copy to the district office by November 18, 2016.
We appreciate your efforts as we strive to build an inclusive group of Lay Members-At-Large to represent the Atlanta Emory District. The committee works hard to include experienced LMALs and new LMALs who reflect the diversity of our district.
* Lay Members-At-Large are also known as Lay Delegates- At-Large. You will hear both terms used for the same role.