Jodeco Road United Methodist Church is seeking a person to fill the position of Administrative Assistant. The position is Monday through Thursday, 8:30-5:30. Responsibilities and Duties include:
• Entering and maintaining congregational information into the computer including personal information, contact information, and giving history on a weekly basis, while exercising a high degree of confidentiality.
• Counting (along with a team of volunteers) the weekly monetary offering, sorting and data entry of the contributions by name and purpose. Preparing a weekly bank deposit and delivering deposit to the bank.
• Preparing weekly worship bulletin for two worship services along with an updated prayer list, order of worship, and various other items as needed.
• Preparing visuals for two worship services to include announcements and worship items.
• Maintaining and preparing all files and paperwork for accounts receivable and payable, printing and signing checks, mailing various business correspondence, and maintaining all pertinent information in the accounting software. Generating financial reports for the Board of Servants on a monthly basis.
• Other duties as assigned.
- Candidates will have a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Candidates will possess various personal traits such as honesty, integrity, good communication skills both oral and written, ability to maintain confidentiality at all times, and be amiable in nature.
- Candidates will have to be physically able to lift as much as 40 pounds using a safe technique to prevent injury.
- Candidates will be proficient with MS Windows, MS Office programs including MS Publisher, and QuickBooks.
- Candidates will be proficient or able to become proficient with Servant Keeper and ProPresenter software.
- Candidates able to be licensed and bonded are preferred as well as willingness to become a notary public.
- Candidates will submit to a criminal background check and drug screening.
Applicants may submit a resume by mail to: Jodeco Road United Methodist Church 1500 Jodeco Road Stockbridge, GA 30281
ATTN: Rev. Gene Sheffield OR email resume to: Rev. Gene Sheffield firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Gene Sheffield
Address: 1500 Jodeco Road Stockbridge GA 30281