The first series of classes has just been completed for the new North Georgia Conference DART (Disaster Assessment Response Team). A second series of classes will form shortly.
North Georgia Conference ERT’s would you like to become a DART (Disaster Assessment Response Team).
In order to address a need that has been recognized by emergency management agencies, and to increase the efficiency of early response operations, the NGUMC has made the decision to offer training to interested persons to perform disaster assessments. The purpose of the disaster assessment team members will be to go into a disaster area as soon as it is cleared by the response agencies and determine the need for early response teams, the skill sets needed (tree removal, tarping, mucking out, etc.), the number of people and teams needed, time frame neeede (when and how long), mechanical equipment needed, and how many Care Teams are needed.
To register for the DART program and learn about upcoming classes, please contact email@example.com.
1.UMCOR ERT - This is a full 8 hour class; you must already have your current ERT badge.
2.UMCOR Site Assessment - This is a 3 hour class.
3. CERT - The North Georgia Conference will provide DART members with the CERT training. This will be given in four (4) four, five (5) hour classes. CERT training is also available through your local county EMA. For more information on CERT http://www.citizencorps.gov/cert
4. ICS 100, 200, 700, and 800 - These courses are taken online.
5. North Georgia Conference Chainsaw - This is an overview class, and will not certify you to use a chainsaw.
6. Ham Radio - This is only needed if you want to become a DART team leader.
7. UMCOR Conference Care Team - This is a full 8 hour class.
8. Disaster Team Leader Training - This is UMVIM Leader Training.
Additional Training Information