First Faithful Steps Initiative
The First Faithful Steps Initiative is a congregational team-based learning opportunity designed to provide the foundation for church growth, team leadership, creative vision, and fruitful ministry. Selected leaders will partner with congregational teams to equip them for more effective mission and ministry. This new initiative is developed with small and mid-size membership churches in mind.
The Basic Design
- A one year commitment by pastor and a team of laity
- Five meetings during the year
- Dates and Location TBD by cohort
- Learning Sessions will be two hours
- An assigned project to be completed between gatherings
- All resources will be provided
- Leadership for each gathering to be provided
- There is no cost to participate
Session One: BECOMING A FRUITFUL CONGREGATION
Session Two: HOSPITALITY: The Radically Welcoming Church
Session Three: WORSHIP: Passionate Worship Every Sunday
Session Four: DISCIPLESHIP: Intentional faith Development across the Ages
Session Five: MISSION: Risk Taking Mission and Service in our Communities and the World
The primary resource for each session is Bishop Robert Schnase's book, The Five Practices of Fruitful Congregations.
Participants will be expected to read assigned chapters and participate in the study assignments between learning sessions.
For more information contact Rev. Debby Fox, Associate Director, 678.533.1444 or firstname.lastname@example.org