One of the most popular pages on our denomination's website, umc.org, is Find-A-Church. The search feature is used by 1,000 people each day looking for a United Methodist Church.
This service is a no-cost opportunity for your church to increase your web presence and outreach. It is well worth your time to update your congregation's Find-A-Church pages.
To make it easier to update your church's profile, United Methodist Communications is offering a series of step-by-step tutorial videos which are available online.
If you previously updated your church's profile, it is also a good time to add to it using recently updated features. Find-A-Church now offers easy-to-view events, social media, and worship information.
New Find-A-Church features include:
• GoogleMap with movable pin to exactly communicate location
• Links to social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google Plus and Instagram
• Updateable information about clergy
• Event listings for ministries in the church, including event-specific social media links; event management and registration functions are coming soon
• Calendar of information about day-to-day activities
• Optional link to Rethink Church national advertising message
• Easier formatting options for custom profile messages
United Methodist Communications also offers web hosting services starting at just $5 per month.