SPSARV Offers Online Call for Recovery Ministries Leaders and Volunteers
Facilitated by Rev. Susan Marks, SPSARV (United Methodist Special Program on Substance Abuse and Related Violence) will offer an online video-conferencing and call-in forum for mutual sharing, support, and fellowship for leaders and volunteers of recovery ministries in their churches on Saturday, October 4, 2014 at 10 am (Eastern Time). We will discuss a variety of topics including:
- Do you volunteer with your church’s recovery ministry?
- Do you want to start a ministry to respond to addiction in your area?
- How did your church start a recovery ministry? What did it take to make it happen?
- How did church members respond at first?
- How did you form a team?
You are invited to discuss the challenges and joys and all topics related to recovery ministries.
1. Email Susan at susanemarks at yahoo dot com (not required) to let her know of your interest.
2. Click this link to test GoToMeeting
on your computer.
3. 15 minutes before the start of the discussion click this link to join the GoToMeeting
Contact Juliana Federoff
at SPSARV for all other questions, including technical questions about GoToMeeting.
Please note: As a function of GoToMeeting your email address will display to other attendees.
Participants may use their microphone and speakers - a headset is recommended. Or, call in using their telephones and any of the US numbers below:
United States: +1 (626) 521-0017
United States (toll-free): 1 877 309 2070
An additional call is planned for Saturday, October 25, at 10 a.m
Check the SPSARV website
for more news, upcoming events, and inspiring stories on recovery ministries.