Board of Trustees Names Committee to Search for New Conference Offices
The Conference Board of Trustees has named a five-person relocation sub-committee that will conduct a search for new North Georgia Conference and Episcopal Offices. Their charge is to make a proposal or proposals to the Board of Trustees for its consideration. The priorities for a future location include affordability, accessibility, and visibility as well as functionality and sustainability.
The committee members:
- Jeff Adams, chair of the sub-committee, is senior advisor at Balentine Investment Advisors, a member of Northside UMC in Atlanta, and serves on the Conference Board of Trustees.
- Jane Brooks is the North Georgia Conference Director of Ministerial Services and Executive Assistant to the Bishop.
- Jeff Jernigan is president of Pinkerton and Laws construction company, a member of McEachern Memorial UMC and serves as Atlanta Marietta District Lay Leader.
- Bernice Kirkland is Atlanta College Park District Superintendent.
- Dawn Townsend is Senior International Trade Manager with the Georgia Department of Economic Development, a member of Calhoun First UMC, and serves as the Northwest District Lay Leader.
The North Georgia Conference approved a motion to begin a search for new Conference and Episcopal Offices at the Called Annual Conference Session Oct. 25.