Thank you! Amazing Generosity from North Georgia UMCs for Children's Home Offering
Thank you to all the churches that have collected the 2014 Amazing Grace Offering for the UM Children's Home. Please read and share the following update from the Children's Home.
God’s Amazing Grace has definitely been shining on The United Methodist Children’s Home in 2014, and we want to recognize just a few churches who have really stepped up the pace in donations! We are appreciative to each and every church who has taken or plans to take the Amazing Grace Offering (it’s not too late!) for 2014. Here are some highlights so far from each district:
- ATHN – Bethlehem First UMC up 1541% over 2013
- ACPK – East Point First Mallalieu UMC up 1834% over 2013
- ADOX – Salem Covington UMC up 1545% over 2013
- AMRY – Grayson UMC up 5000% over 2013 (WOW!)
- AMAR – Acworth UMC up 2417% over 2013
- AROS – St. James Alpharetta UMC up 3450% over 2013
- AGST – Bethel UMC Wilkes County up 461% over 2013
- GNSV – Clarkesville UMC up 1740% over 2013
- GRFN – Thomaston 1st UMC up 439% over 2013
- LAGR – Carmel UMC up 410% over 2013
- NWST – Dalton 1st UMC up 1463% over 2013
- ROCA Trion UMC up 905% over 2013
Also, 94 UM churches who did not give to The Children’s Home in 2013 stepped up to give an average of $500 per church in 2014! Three districts have already given more than last year, AMAR, AMRY, and ADOX, with the district with the biggest increase in giving by percentage is AMAR, up 35%!
We are waiting with excitement to hear from the 277 churches who have not yet made a donation to us this year. Can you imagine how much ministry we could do if every single church in the North Georgia Conference contributed? Talk about showing Amazing, Radical, Generous Grace!
If your church has not yet sent in your Amazing Grace offering, please do so before the end of the year. If you church has not yet taken the offering, please prayerfully consider being a part of changing the lives of children all across our Conference by making a gift. With your help, we can show God’s love and hope to even more children and families.
Here are some of the exciting things we have been doing over the past year.
- We have provided more than 46,000 days of care to children and families in need, a 20 percent increase over 2013, thanks to your support.
- More than 450 families received emergency financial aid to avoid utility cut off or eviction this year, and more than 65 families have taken part in counseling or parenting education.
- 19 families were provided temporary housing to prevent homelessness and given support to increase their self-sufficiency.
- We have served more than 200 foster care children and youth through our Foster Care, Independent and Transitional Living programs in 2014.
Thank you so much! Let’s make 2014 the year we have 100% participation in the Amazing Grace Offering!
The Team at The United Methodist Children’s Home
ps - Please contact the Rev. Dr. Teresa Angle-Young for materials, support, or with questions at email@example.com