North Georgia Advocate Update
Have you been reading the new North Georgia Advocate?
If not, you don’t know what you’ve been missing.
- Regular contributions from Bishop Mike Watson, Mike Selleck, Phil Schroeder, Cathy Lee Phillips, Jim Hollis, among others, as well as Sunday school lessons, listing of upcoming events . . . and more.
- News, features and trend stories from across the conference, and a detailed church notebook compiled by our new editor, Glenn Hannigan.
And you might have missed the answers to these questions:
- Which speaker at the Annual Conference was so inspirational that some atendees started a fans page on Facebook?
- Which church held a community outreach project where members volunteered to clean bathrooms in local restaurants and shops?
- What national TV commercial features Bishop Watson’s family home?
- How many parsonages are left in the North Georgia Conference? How quickly have they been disappearing?
- What is Zion UMC doing in response to three arson fires in the past year?
- Which church has been sending crate loads of double stuffed Oreos to our troops overseas?
- How does a church with less than 200 members lead a ministry that serves more than 2,200 needy children?
- Why did the Kids Zone at Roswell UMC recently raise money to buy a water buffalo, goat and llama?
- Where can you find a better value than a year’s subscription to the North Georgia Advocate – which also includes the UM Reporter – for $25?
- What are you waiting for?
To subscribe or to renew your subscription:
By Phone: Pay by credit card by calling 1.877.465.1685.
Online: Click here to pay online by credit card or check.
By Mail: Send your check, payable to
"North Georgia Advocate," to
P.O. Box 660275
Dallas, TX 75266-0275.
One-year subscription: $25
For age 65 or older: $23
For both North and South Georgia edtions: $45
For information on bulk subscriptions (25 or 50 copies shipped to one location), e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Note: If you would like to know more about the North Georgia Advocate, or have questions about the news-gathering process in general, call our editor, Glenn Hannigan, to arrange for a personal visit. Hannigan, who spent most of his career as a senior editor at The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, can be reached at email@example.com or 678-533-1376.