Any special offerings collected by local churches relating to the crisis in Haiti, and the continued work of UMCOR, should be sent to the North Georgia Treasurer's Office, PO Box 102417, Atlanta, GA 30368-2417. All gifts will be forwarded to UMCOR. Make sure to mark your check listing NGA Fund 4183/Haiti Emergency in the memo field.
Please note: 100% of every donation submitted through the United Methodist Church goes directly to help the people of Haiti.
North Georgia churches are invited to use this bulletin insert which includes the NGC Fund Number for Haiti gifts to UMCOR. --Click Here to Download--
The national Communications Office of the United Methodist Church produced a television spot which aired on CNN Headline News from Jan. 15-18. This clip is avaliable for you local church's use. --Watch Clip on YouTube--
GBOD’s CurrenGrowing List of Worship and Music Resources for Haiti Earthquake
United Methodist Communications is providing a variety of earthquake-related advertising and worship resources at www.umc.org/haiti.
Health Kits are a vital need during this time of relief. This is a wonderful way for Sunday school classes, youth groups, children’s groups, United Methodist Women and Men groups to work together in ministry with the people of Haiti. The exact contents of a Health Kit are listed below. Shipping instructions, printable labels, and more instructions and details can be found at the UMCOR web site. Thank you for your generosity in being the body of Christ in a time of need. Health Kit Items Value: $12 per kit
Place these items inside a sealed one-gallon plastic bag:
• 1 hand towel (15" x 25" up to 17" x 27", No kitchen towels)
• 1 washcloth
• 1 comb (large and sturdy, not pocket-sized)
• 1 nail file or fingernail clippers (no emery boards or toenail clippers)
• 1 bath-size bar of soap (3 oz. and up)
• 1 toothbrush (single brushes only in original wrapper, No child-size brushes)
• 6 adhesive plastic strip sterile bandages
• $1.00 to purchase toothpaste
(NOTE: UMCOR Sager Brown is now purchasing toothpaste in bulk to be added to health kits before shipping to ensure that the product does not expire before they are sent.)
Important Kit Assembly Information
• All items included in kits must be NEW items.
• Strict rules govern product entry into international countries, it is important that kits contain only the requested items-nothing more.
• Do NOT include any personal notes, money or additional materials in the kits. These things must be painstakingly removed and will delay the shipment.
Once you have assembled kits, contact your district Disaster Disaster Response Coordinator (find their contact information here) to see if you can coordinate pickup or delivery of the healthkits with other churches in your District.
Due to an overwhelming response, UMVIN/SEJ asks future volunteers wishing to serve in Haiti to sign up through the General Board of Global Ministries (GBGM) website http://secure.gbgm-umc.org/HaitiVolunteer/ rather than the UMVIM website. As the situation in Haiti progresses, UMCOR has had time to assess the situation, and is learning more about specific skill sets needed. Prospective volunteers will find a more detailed form asking for specific skills and experience on the GBGM website.