Worshiping with Children
Idea: In this workshop you will explore how children worship and address ways to help children participate in congregational worship as leaders, as well as in the pew. The workshop will benefit pastors, worship leaders, and children’s leaders. Models for a children’s worship study, parent education, special times for children in the service and preaching to children and adults together. will be covered.
In The United Methodist Church, we have six annual opportunities to share beyond our regular gifts through churchwide Special Sundays with offerings-—and free resources to help you promote them!
Find promotional items, general information, offering material, pastor’s guides, videos and more at www.umcgiving.com
Mark your calendar for the 2012 church-wide special Sundays and for the North Georgia Conference Offering Sundays. But remember, you can celebrate any of these events any Sunday your church chooses.
2012 Special Sundays:
• One Great Hour of Sharing: March 18
• Native American Ministries Sunday: April 22
• Peace with Justice Sunday:
• World Communion Sunday:Oct. 7
• United Methodist Student Day: Nov. 25
North Georgia Conference Offering Sundays:
• Homeless Offering: Last Sunday February
• Wesley Woods: Mother’s Day
• Bishop’s Special Offering: June
• Murphy-Harpst: Third Sunday
• Golden Cross: Third Sunday
• UM Children’s Home Work Day: Third Sunday September
• Aldersgate Homes: Fourth Sunday Oct.
• Action Ministries: Second Sunday Nov.
• AIDS Awareness: First Sunday Dec.
Remember, your church can celebrate these Special Sundays any time of year.