Action Ministries Appreciates Your Support
Sustain this Ministry for the Next 50 Years
As Action Ministries marks 50 years in ministry, it is a time for reflecting on successes and recognizing the need for sustaining gifts to keep it up.
The milestone is an important time to celebrate that Action Ministries is our United Methodist ministry - a conference-wide response to poverty - and tell the success stories in our churches, small groups, and Sunday school classes while acknowledging Action Ministries' need for every church's support.
"It is a priority for us to build reserves for organizational sustainability. We are no different than any other organization," says CEO John R. Moeller, Jr. "Last year, nearly 65,000 people were served and many more lives changed by Action Ministries; however, according to the U.S. census, Georgia has the third highest poverty rate in the country and the need for services and support are much greater. Volunteers are essential but to even begin to fill the need, we especially need cash resources to operate and provide these much needed services."
The stories of people helped and lives changed by Action Ministries are astounding!
With the help of North Georgia United Methodist churches, community partners, and corporate volunteers, Action Ministries:
- served 1.4 million meals to people in need in 2012
- operates 56 transitional houses in 35 Georgia counties
- offers one-on-one and small group Adult Education Programs on financial literacy, technology and GED completion
- Operates Georgia’s first addiction facility for homeless women
- Operates two community kitchens and 5 food pantries
- Provides supportive services to veterans and people living with HIV/AIDS
- Operates all after school programs for the Union Mission, serving over 200 children
- and much more…
These stories are possible because of your investment.
“We are humbled by the support of our NGUMC and other partners, but success doesn’t equal wealth. Resources constantly need replenishing,” said Moeller.
You can be part of the solution for the next 50 years by giving -- at the Special Offering on December 1 -- and year-round. Visit http://actionministries.net/donate/
to make a gift, a sustaining pledge, download a matching gift form, make a donation in honor or memory of someone, contribute stocks, or personally contribute to or sponsor an Action Ministries special event.
Be a champion for Action Ministries by suggesting ways your church can get involved:
- Youth can do car washes
- Children – lemonade stands
- Church bazaars
- Add as a line item in the church budget
- Promote a special offering, especially if December 1 doesn't work for your church