Fam Fest One of Many Outlets for Helping UM Children's Home
The United Methodist Children's Home shares "25 Ways Everyone Can Get Involved in Foster Care"
Learn more here
There are many simple ways to support foster care at The Children’s Home. Whether you have time, resources, or love to give, we hope our list will inspire you to get involved today!
- Tutor a child in their foster home
- Volunteer to style a child’s hair
- Be approved to provide childcare and give our foster parents a much-needed break or date night.
- Provide transportation for children to visit their siblings or parents, or to an appointment
- Prepare a meal for a family caring for a new foster child in their home
- Mentor a teenage foster youth
- Become a CASA volunteer (Court Appointed Special Advocate)
- Volunteer at Fam-Fest or other Children’s Home events
- Help an older foster youth prepare a resume or job application
- Offer your expertise to teach a life skill to an older foster youth, helping to prepare them for life as an independent adult
- Purchase books from our Amazon Wish List for new foster families
- Give new clothing for children new to foster care
- Buy back-to-school supplies
- Donate family memberships to the zoo, aquarium, or museum
- Donate bicycles and new helmets
- Start a diaper drive for diapers, pull-ups, and wipes
- Cover the cost of approval for child care providers
- Provide sponsorships for summer camp, preschool, or day care
- Provide MARTA passes for youth transitioning out of care
- Sponsor a child in an enrichment program such as dance or music lessons
Give a Community of Love
- Start a foster care support ministry through your church or organization
- Invite Children’s Home staff to lead an informational meeting at your church or organization
- Use your social media accounts to blog/tweet/post of foster care needs
- Tell one person a day about our community’s need for foster families
- Sign up for and attend an informational meeting to learn more about becoming a foster parent!
Fam Fest is the United Methodist Children's Home's next big event!
Join us for a day of food, fellowship and fun to celebrate our foster children, families and on-campus residents. All proceeds from Fam Fest will support the Children’s Home vision where every child is raised in a loving, compassionate and nurturing home.
Enter Promo Code: UMCH
Click ‘GO’ to purchase your tickets
VIP Package: $40 per person
Your VIP Package includes:
- Entrance into the park
- Free parking
- Catered lunch buffet (1:30 – 3:00 p.m.)
- Ice cream bar
- Coca-Cola beverage station
- Pavilion Activities
$15 meal-only option package available for season ticket holders.
For more information about Fam Fest attendance or sponsorship opportunities, contact Monique Y. Taylor at (404) 327-5836 or firstname.lastname@example.org.