The Stiles Bradley fund is a monetary fund left by Henry Stiles Bradley to help ordained United Methodist ministers, spouses and their dependent with financial assistance with medical care at the Emory facilities. After both primary and secondary insurance has paid the hospital and the individual has paid any deductible, the Stiles Bradley Fund will cover any reasonable balance not related the physician fees and or copays. Certain procedural expenses at the Emory Clinic are also covered. Information about what the Stiles Bradley Fund covers for United Methodist pastors in the North and South Georgia Conferences is below:
What Does the Stiles Bradley Fund Cover?
Stiles Bradley funds applies at the following:
2. Stiles Bradley funds pay for Emory Clinic testing and diagnostic expense balances after insurance(s) have paid in full and deductibles have been met or applied. It does not pay any physician fees balances not paid by primary insurance, nor does it pay any copays or deductible that have to meet by the patient individually.
3. Stiles Bradley pays inpatient charges for hospital fees (such as testing, room charge, radiology charge etc.) at the facilities listed above after primary insurance has paid. All co-insurance fees for hospital admissions are eligible for Stiles Bradley payment. Stiles Bradley covers the deductible ($750) for inpatient procedures at any Emory facility.
4. Should you receive billings that do not reflect payment by the Stiles Bradley Fund, call Spiritual Health at Emory at 1-866-394-9330 or 404-686-5498 and speak with Cynthia L Daniels. You will receive assistance from a person who knows the Emory system and can work with you to resolve the difficulty.
5. You and your spouse are covered by Stiles Bradley and dependent family members. Children 21 and under are covered. Full-time students up to 23 years old are also covered. You must have a primary insurance coverage other than Stiles Bradley. Stiles Bradley cannot be your primary means of payment.
6. There is no card given out to and or required to have Stiles Bradley. A United Methodist minister must be under appointment, in good standing and or retired.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY STILES BRADLEY FUNDS?
1. Stiles Bradley Funds are not available to pay physicians fees, co-pays, or yearly deductibles that have to be met by the patient.
2. Stiles Bradley Funds do not pay balances that should be covered by primary or secondary insurance.
3. These "Not Covered" expenses are the joint responsibility of the insurance companies and the patient.
NOTE: Stiles Bradley funds no longer apply at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.