Director of Youth Ministry - Part Time
Title: Director Student Ministry Reports to: Associate Pastor of Family Ministry Hours: TBD
About: Northbrook UMC is a vibrant and growing church just north of downtown Roswell. We have two worship services, an engaging Sunday school, a thriving preschool, an excellent music ministry, and an exciting Upwards soccer program.
Purpose: The Student Ministry Intern will assist in the visioning, planning, and advocating for young people, particularly in the areas of discipleship, developing a program that nurtures and grows their personal relationship with Jesus into a lifelong journey of learning, following, and serving.
Requirements: This position is part-time, with salary and benefits commensurate with experience. Previous experience working with youth or in a ministry setting is required. Understanding and background in The United Methodist Church is a plus. Strong relational and organizational skills are required. Proficiency or knowledge of the following platforms helpful: Microsoft Office, Constant Contact, Canva, Google Drive, social media, and ProPresenter. Music skills are a plus.
- Maintain a healthy and growing personal spiritual life and lead others to do the same
- Communicate consistently with parents as well as provide the tools they need for spiritual leadership for their families; Provide pastoral care to students and their families: Praying, visiting, coaching, teaching
Qualifications and Aptitudes
- Be attentive to the hopes, concerns, and needs of youth in our community to determine how our congregation might serve them and their families and how they might serve one another as Christian disciples and good neighbors.
- Develop a ministry plan with the collaboration of the Associate Pastor of Family Ministry and Student Ministry Task Force to address ministry needs for youth on Sundays and during the week
- Supporting large-scale family events such as Trunk or Treat and Easter Egg Hunts
- Engage students on weekend retreats and fellowship events on and off campus
- Recruit, train, and empower volunteer leaders.
- Be present and leading Sunday mornings and Sunday evenings
- Evaluate appropriate program materials, equipment, supplies, and space for youth ministry
- Maintain updated information of all youth (and visitors), including but not limited to allergies, contact information, special needs, and record attendance.
- Faithful to United Methodist doctrine and theology
- Confident public speaker and relationally inclined
- Eager to work as a team and collaborate with staff and laity
- Demonstrates a passion for youth and their relationship with Jesus
- Possess keen listening skills and effectively communicate with people of all ages
- Skilled in planning and delegating responsibility
College students or seminary students are encouraged to apply, and allowances will be made for time to meet schooling requirements. There are opportunities to engage with the broader ministry of Northbrook. To express interest, please send your resume and cover letter to KNewkirk@NorthbrookUMC.com
Contact: Kena Newkirk
11225 Crabapple Rd Roswell 30075
Email: Click to email