Director of Children's Ministry - Part Time
About: Northbrook UMC is a vibrant and growing church just north of downtown Roswell. We have two worship services, an engaging Sunday school, a thriving preschool, an excellent music ministry, and an exciting Upwards soccer program.
Purpose: Candidates will value collaboration and innovation, bringing with her or him a willingness to try new ideas and learn from experience. This person should value working collaboratively and creatively. She or he should also bring new ideas and a passion for working with children and their families. This position will lead existing programs, such as children’s Sunday school while developing new opportunities to nurture our children and engage our flourishing preschool community. Salary and benefits commensurate with experience
Requirement: This position is part-time, with salary and benefits commensurate with experience. Previous experience working with children or in a ministry setting is required. Understanding and background in The United Methodist Church is a plus. Strong relational and organizational skills are required. Proficiency or knowledge of the following platforms helpful: Microsoft Office, Constant Contact, Canva, Google Drive, social media, and ProPresenter. Music skills are a plus.
- Maintain a healthy and growing personal spiritual life and lead others to do the same
Qualifications and Aptitudes
- Communicate consistently with parents, providing the tools they need for spiritual leadership for their families.
- Support large-scale family events such as Trunk or Treat and Easter Egg Hunts
- Engage children throughout church programs and help families become more connected to the life of the church
- Recruit, train, and empower volunteer leaders.
- Be present and leading Sunday mornings and special events
- Maintain updated information on all children, including but not limited to allergies, contact information, special needs, and record attendance.
- Support and maintain the safety policies of the church.
- Faithful to United Methodist doctrine and theology
- Confident public speaker and relationally inclined
- Eager to work as a team and collaborate with staff and laity
- Demonstrates a passion for children and their relationship with Jesus
- Possess keen listening skills and effectively communicate with people of all ages
- Skilled in planning and delegating responsibility
- Musical ability is a plus
College students or seminary students are encouraged to apply, and allowances will be made for time to meet schooling requirements. There are opportunities to engage with the broader ministry of Northbrook. To express interest, please send your resume and cover letter to KNewkirk@NorthbrookUMC.com
Contact: Kena Newkirk
11225 Crabapple Rd Roswell 30075
Email: Click to email