Children's Ministry Director
Franklin First United Methodist Church in the beautiful mountains of western North Carolina is seeking the right person(s) to take their ministry with children and families to new levels. The position is currently a 30 hour a week position. As we are looking for the best, either one position or two positions of roughly 10-15 hours with one focusing on ministry within the church and another focusing on ministry in the community will be considered. FUMC is a vibrant downtown church with an emphasis on ministry both within and beyond the walls of the church. The church is proud to be inter-generational, with a history of strong ministry to children and their families. Making a commitment to helping address the needs of children out in the community, the church is ready to go that next step in a larger way. With both a strong staff and strong leadership from church members, we are excited about the possibilities ahead!
For more information, see the job description below. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please send a letter of interest along with a resume to Rev. Margaret Freeman, Minister of Discipleship, firstname.lastname@example.org
Franklin First United Methodist Church – Franklin, North Carolina
Children’s Program Director
The Children’s Program Director is responsible for providing vision, oversight, and direction to the Children’s Ministry through children’s Christian educational programs and activities.
Position Title: Children’s Program Director (could be two part time positions)
Reports to: Senior Pastor and SPRC
Type of position: 20 - 30 hours/week
- Coordinates First United Methodist’s Christian education program for children birth to 5th grade.
- In coordination with Children’s Council, evaluates and selects curriculum that promotes key values such as biblical literacy and service that is consistent with United Methodist theology.
- Leads Children’s Ministry activities in conjunction with volunteers.
- Assists with church-wide initiatives and events that include families with children.
- Develops lessons for Sunday morning and special events based upon age appropriate Bible stories consistent with United Methodist theology.
- Recruits and trains nursery staff and volunteers as needed to implement the lessons and activities.
- Develops connections with young families for both input as well as providing resources and support.
- Supports children’s participation in and/or service to the church such as music programs and acolyte program.
- Ensures thorough and efficient communication with parents and congregation regarding children’s ministry.
- Assesses needs of children and families in the community.
- Helps to develop children’s ministries which reach out to the community.
- Maintains a relationship with community and educational groups.
- Determines what parents and children in the community need and develops or modifies programs to meet those needs.
- Works closely with other church ministries.
- Communicates and promotes children’s ministry offerings to the larger community.
- Develops and leads volunteer teams to minister through excellent planning, communication, training, and vision casting.
- Communicates information and gathers input from families for future planning.
- Supports and equips volunteers by providing encouragement, resources, feedback and expresses appreciation.
- Maintains current records and database for families and volunteers.
- Purchases, prepares, and maintains children’s ministry supplies; oversees children’s ministry budget.
- Serves as the staff liaison for Children’s Council and as a member of the Education Committee.
- Works with the Assistant Pastor in training and implementing Safe Sanctuary.
- Fosters a safe, inviting, and engaging ministry environment in compliance with Safe Sanctuary policy.
- Attends all staff, committee, and laity meetings as directed by the Senior Pastor.
- Solid Biblical knowledge consistent with United Methodist theology and practice or willing to learn
- At least two years’ experience working with children and worship ministries
- Prior training in Christian education, early childhood education or child development
- Commitment to promoting the spiritual growth of children and their families through education and ministry
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with people of all ages
- Ability to delegate responsibility and to work well with a variety of people
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Ability to function independently and as part of a ministry team
- Outgoing and involved in the community
- Proficient with office software and digital media
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, walk, climb, lift objects up to 40 pounds, and be physically active with children.
For further information or to submit a resume, please contact:
Rev. Margaret Freeman email@example.com
church phone 828-524-3010
Contact: Rev. Margaret Freeman
66 Harrison Ave Franklin NC 28734
Email: Click to email