Job Title: Director of Weekday Ministry at Marietta FUMC
Job Summary: The Director of Weekday Ministry Preschool and Kindergarten is responsible for setting the vision for our school, inspiring teachers, setting the educational standard, and creating an inviting environment where students can connect and learn. This is a rewarding role that requires exceptional leadership, organizational, and communication skills. This is a 12 month, part-time, 30 hour a week position with two weeks paid vacation in addition to several week-long breaks corresponding to the local school system calendar. This position receives a monthly insurance stipend as a benefit.
Essential Duties Include:
• Lead the vision, mission and direction for the organization while continuously improving and innovating the Weekday program, learning environment, staff, and parental partnerships.
• Lead and inspire others, generating enthusiasm for ideas and tapping into shared values to build sponsorship and support.
• Facilitate change and empower others to grow and develop; support candor and value diversity of opinions; gain the respect, trust, and action of others.
• Build relationships with students and parents by cultivating an environment of advocacy, particularly for kids with special needs and families in crisis.
• Adapt the learning environment and equip others to meet special needs; capable of connecting/coordinating with external resources to supplement where needed.
• Leverage new trends in curriculum, education, and technology to enable an effective learning environment for staff and students.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Plan and administer the day-to-day operation of the Weekday Ministry.
• Develop the school year schedule and coordinate with the Church and public school (Cobb County and Marietta City) calendars.
• Serve as a member of the Board of Directors and provide a report at each quarterly board meeting. • Serve as an unofficial member and provide updates at Children’s Ministry Team meetings.
• Maintain a good, working relationship between the Children’s Ministry Director, the Church, and Weekday Ministry.
• Attend Church and/or Program staff meetings as requested.
• Coordinate all parent, Weekday Staff and Weekday Volunteer meetings.
• Supervise the physical facility and make recommendations for improvements to the Board and Trustees of FUMC.
• Recruit, interview, employ and manage Weekday Ministry staff and teachers reporting all personnel decisions to the Board.
• Evaluate the Weekday Staff (teachers and office) and make a report to the Board Chair annually, or as needed or requested.
• Provide continuing education and staff development experiences for Weekday Teachers, Staff and Board Members. The Director also earns a minimum of 24 hours of continuing education credits annually.
• Supervise the purchase and maintenance of all equipment, supplies and resources.
• Plan and schedule all special events, including guest visits, day camps, field trips, etc.
• Open and close facility for school year.
• Facilitate parent conferences, arrange for substitute teachers and maintain adequate student-financial-personnel records.
• Create and publish regular Weekday Ministry communications, including e-newsletters, emails, website updates, and manage the school’s social media presence.
• Demonstrate proficiency with MS Office suite and Google documents and forms.
• Understanding of fiscal management, develop annual budget, with Business Manager, for Board approval.
• Assure that Weekday Staff and Teachers maintain current CPR certifications and receive updated background checks every 3 years of employment.
• Maintain good working relationship with Cobb County Department of Family and Children’s Services, Cobb County and Marietta City Schools (including Literacy and Justice for All preschool program).
• Assure that the program complies with all guidelines for being a Safe Sanctuary Program for reducing the risk of child abuse in our Weekday Ministry.
• Assure compliance with the mandatory reporting guidelines for the State of Georgia.
• Assure that the program meets all requirements for certification in the North Georgia Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church for United Methodist Weekday Preschool and Kindergarten programs.
• Assure that the Weekday Ministry is always in compliance with the Book of Discipline of the United Methodist Church, and The Book of Resolutions.
• Prepare and present annually to the Board your vision of suggested goals, improvements and/or changes for the Weekday Ministry.
• Work alongside other Marietta FUMC ministry areas to fulfill the newly adopted Strategic Plan.
• Other duties as necessary to maintain a safe, healthy, and positive educational environment.
• This position reports to the Senior Director of Programs at Marietta FUMC.
• Bachelor’s Degree (preference for Early Childhood Education – ECE or Education) or with credentials in related field (e.g., Child Development Associate)
• At least three years of experience as a teacher of children in the age group(s) enrolled in the school (ages 1 year through Kindergarten)
• At least six months of experience in formally managing others.
• Exposure to and experience with special learning needs programs.
• Be at least 21 years of age.
• A valid certificate of successful completion of pediatric first aid that includes CPR and medical administration.
• Experience with fund development/fund raising.
• Experience with utilizing technology in the learning environment
• Master’s In administration, Education, Special Needs or Curriculum Development
Contact: Rebecca Jones
Address: 56 Whitlock Ave NW, Marietta, GA 30064 Marietta GA 30064
Email: Click to email