Toccoa First UMC located in beautiful Northeast Georgia is looking for a Youth Director to lead and grow our youth program.
· Helping youth to find identity in Christ through relationships with others who Treasure Christ above all.
· Involving youth in worship and the life of the Church
· Provide opportunities for discipleship, mission, and outreach.
Qualifications and skills:
· A faithful follower of Jesus who demonstrates a love for, understanding of and compassion for youth and their families.
· Conducts a ministry in a manner consistent with United Methodist theology.
· Possesses a vision and a demonstrative ability to plan, develop, coordinate and mange a family ministry with the parameters of the United Methodist Church.
· Possess excellent written, verbal, and social media communication skills.
· Possess classroom management skills and teaching experience in a Christian environment.
· Ability to develop a 12-month plan of activities and programs for the youth and execute that plan with church wide involvement.
· An undergraduate degree in a related area or equivalent training.
· Preferred 3 to 5 years’ experience.
· Musical experience a plus.
· Full time permanent (40 hours per week which include Sunday morning service, Wednesday night and Sunday evening youth programs)
· Holiday & Special services (ex. Christmas Eve, Maundy Thursday,) as the Church Calendar dictates.
· Administrative Board meetings and other meetings involving youth.
· Youth retreats and mission trips.
· Ensure safety of youth at all church functions in accordance with Safe Sanctuary guidelines.
· Assist in Safe Sanctuary training for all applicable staff and volunteers.
· Manage the Youth Interns and evaluate staffing needs of the youth program.
· Meet monthly with youth council and quarterly with adults of youth council.
· Develop relationships with community and school system leaders. Participate in activities in the community that involve youth.
· Recruit Sunday school teachers and volunteers for Youth.
· Communicate with Children Director on activities and support children program as needed.
· Manage the youth ministry budget.
· Meet with individual parents and youth as needed in accordance with safe sanctuary.
· Work with Senior Pastor to ensure mission and vison of the church is being fulfilled.
· Building Bridges of generational relationships between youth and congregation.
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Please send resume and cover letter to Kim Hudgins: Hudgins@windstream.net
Contact: Kim Hudgins
Address: 333 E Tugalo St Toccoa GA 30577
Email: Click to email