Director of Youth Ministries
Director of Youth Ministry – Part-time
McDonough First United Methodist Church is seeking a Director of Youth Ministry. The Director of Youth Ministry – Part-time (also referred to as “Youth Director”) is responsible for leading the ministries for middle school and high school youth (grades 6 – 12) in a nurturing and creative environment to build young disciples for Jesus Christ. Under the direction of the Senior Pastor and with guidance from the Youth Council (a team of select parents and youth), the Youth Director is charged with developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to ministry in the areas of worship, discipleship, missions, outreach, and team unity. The Youth Director must possess a strong and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ in order to serve as spiritual leader and role model.
The foundational principles of the youth ministry are to:
- Love youth at whatever point they are in their spiritual growth and development;
- Encourage youth in developing a personal relationship with God;
- Provide youth with a variety of opportunities for nurture, growth, and fun; and
- Challenge youth to respond to God’s call to serve in their community and the world.
- Plan, organize, and lead weekly youth ministry activities, primarily on Sunday evenings and other times as scheduled.
- Plan, organize, and lead certain limited youth retreat activities, including youth participation in Shingleroof Annual Campmeeting.
- Organize and coordinate at least one annual “Youth Sunday” – youth led worship service.
- Support and guide the work of the Youth Council.
- Serve as a member of the Administrative Board.
- Effectively communicate with church staff, Youth Council, parents, youth, and others.
- Manage the youth ministry budget.
- Ensure that the Safe Sanctuary Policy and all other child protective policies .
Key Terms of Employment
- Must embrace and carry out Christian discipline and United Methodist doctrine and theology.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, computer skills, conflict management skills, and the ability to build team unity.
- Must be able to work effectively with others in a diverse environment.
- Must have a valid Georgia driver’s license.
This position is a part-time salaried position, approximately 4-6 hrs/week with additional capacity required for youth retreats, Shingleroof Campmeeting, etc. An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful outcome of a criminal background check.
Anticipated Salary Range - $15,000 - $20,000, commensurate with experience.
Contact: Carol Grubbs Cook
151 Macon St. McDonough, GA 30252, USA GA 30253
Email: Click to email