Director of Youth Ministries
The Director of Youth Ministries at Ellijay First United Methodist Church (EFUMC) is an integral part of the disciple making capabilities of EFUMC. The Director of Youth Ministries will work with youth on a weekly basis, multiple times per week in different settings. The focus of the position should be to create meaningful Christian experiences for the middle and high school (6-12) youth of EFUMC and to increase the depth of understanding of Jesus Christ and his role and capacity in the youth’s life. The pastor of EFUMC is the direct supervisor of the Director of Youth Ministries.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Contact with youth
- Search for and acquisition of appropriate youth group curriculum
- Plan, prepare and execute youth Sunday School
- Plan, prepare and execute Sunday night youth activities
- Plan, prepare and execute Wednesday night youth activities
- Attend church staff meetings
- Part-Time (Average 20+/- Hours weekly)
- Maintain a presence with the youth.
- Many of these hours (as appropriately determined by the church Pastor) should be spent within the middle and high schools as a mentor, classroom assistant/volunteer and the Christian Learning Center.
Retreat and Special Events:
- Plan, prepare and execute retreats as deemed necessary
- Plan, prepare and execute GRASP each summer
- Plan, prepare and execute all needed fundraising opportunities
Minimum Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Plan, prepare and execute an appropriate community outreach program focused upon youth ages (grades 6-12)
- This outreach would concentrate primarily on:
- Increasing the visibility of the Director of Youth Ministries within the county schools as a mentor/volunteer during working hours.
- Creating a comprehensive evening program that revolves around youth education and fellowship and possibly include the use of contemporary Christian music as a focus.
- Becoming the focus of program building and a new cornerstone of the EFUMC youth group.
The individual selected to be the youth Ministries Director should contain several traits:
- A strong faith in God and Jesus Christ as Savior
- Ability to share his or her faith with others
- Knowledge of the Methodist Church
- A desire to continue to further his or her knowledge about and relationship with Jesus Christ
- Leadership qualities
- Positive attitude
- Passion for working with students and children
- Appropriate Christian role model
- Bachelor’s Degree from a college or university
Contact: John Brantley / Mike Graham
75 McCutchen St Ellijay GA 30540
Email: Click to email