The General Board of Global Ministries is the worldwide mission, relief, and development agency of The United Methodist Church, working with partners and churches in more than 115 countries to equip and transform people and places for God’s mission. Global Ministries connects the church in mission through the sending of missionaries, evangelism and church revitalization, disaster response and recovery led by the United Methodist Committee on Relief, and global health.
This position is in support of the accounting and reconciliation related to Advance Projects, POA (Place of Assignment) related activities, Missionary related advances, and preparation of quarterly Conference statements for CCW, National Hispanic, and Puerto Rico.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare Bank Reconciliations and reconciliation designated GL accounts.
- Review, reconcile and release missionary related advances and correspond with related staff and Missionary Service unit to handle appropriately.
- Process monthly reconciliation for Advance projects before auto release of national and overseas projects.
- Review and release CCW Field Share, Racial Ethnic plan statements, and Premium B quarterly payments.
- Process Monthly reconciliation of Advance clearing accounts with GCFA General Ledger and bank balance.
- Review and recommend Advance gift correction/adjustments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is preferred, or related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years accounting experience required.
Competencies, Job Requirements, and Other Specialized Knowledge
- Ensure all payments and related entries are executed and accurately recorded related to Advances Projects
- Ensure all payments and related accounting for Missionary related activities such as POA, Itineration, Medical, Travel, Training advances are recorded timely and accurately.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
- Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ability to correctly prepare tax reports.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software, and accounting software.
Work Hours and Conditions
- May require work outside of standard business hours (to include weekends), particularly during peak unit season.
- Sedentary office/computer/keyboarding/meeting work for extended periods of time.
- Travel as required.
What We Offer and How to Apply
- Global Ministries offers a competitive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, HSA/FSA, and other health and welfare benefits.
- Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume, along with a digitally signedemployment application through the applicant portal.
- Applications must highlight competencies against requirements, potential start date and at least three references (2 supervisory references and 1 professional reference).
- We are looking to fill the position as soon as possible, so don’t wait to apply! We will review applications as they are submitted.
Contact: Taylor O'Connor
458 Ponce de Leon NE Atlanta GA 30308
Email: Click to email