Director of Music Ministries
The Director of Music Ministries of the Senoia United Methodist Church shall be employed under the direction of the Staff/Pastor Parish Relations Committee and serve under the guidance, evaluation, and supervision of the Senior Pastor with support from the SPRC. This is a part-time position.
Skill Set Requirements
- The primary responsibility of the Director of Music Ministries is to enhance each worship experience and/or special event using appropriate music that is performed for the glory of God.
- The Director of Music Ministries shall embrace the United Methodist doctrine with maturity and Christian faith.
- Ability to competently play the organ and/or piano in such a way as to enhance the worship experience through service music, congregational hymns, accompaniment for choirs, ensembles, and soloists.
- Ability to direct choirs, ensembles, and soloists in such a way as to result in high-quality musical performances.
- Demonstrated music skills / knowledge gained through formal education, certification and /or work experience. Previous experience from a similar position is preferred.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to influence and motivate others.
Contact: Julie Schendel, Pastor at Senoia United Methodist Church
- This position will include the responsibility of providing service music.
- Provide primary guidance / training to the Chancel Choir, direct the Wednesday evening choir rehearsal, and recruit new choir members.
- Attend staff meetings as scheduled.
- Recruit and practice as necessary with other accompanists who can help enhance the worship experience through music.
- Select and approve all music, in conjunction with the Senior Pastor, that would be suitable for worship services - including special events, throughout the year.
- Coordinate musical support for funerals, when requested.
- Play for weddings at Senoia UMC or approve guest musicians and music, as requested.
- Work with Finance Committee to create and manage an annual budget.
- Ensure that all the church's musical equipment is properly maintained and/or serviced.
- Supervise and coordinate activities with other music-related groups (e.g. bell choir).
; email@example.com; (770) 599-3245
Contact: Dr. Julie Schendel
299 Bridge Street Senoia GA 30276
Email: Click to email