Youth Director at Kingswood UMC
- The Director of Youth Ministries (Youth Director) is responsible for leading, overseeing, and assessing programs and activities impacting youth ages 12 thru 18 (6th – 12th grade). The Youth Director contributes to Kingswood’s vision by creating spaces for students to encounter Christ and respond.
- The Youth Director will work with other staff, lay leaders and volunteers to expand and enhance a program of Sunday school, Sunday evening activities, Confirmation, retreats, service projects, and mission trips for youth.
- The Youth Director will harness their creativity and spirituality to shape the future of the program and impact lives.
Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to:
- Actively contribute to the four cornerstones of Kingswood’s mission: passionate worship and discipleship; engaging in radical hospitality and building a loving community; serving the greater good in ministry and mission; and sharing the good news of Christ locally and globally
- Pursue continual growth in personal/spiritual knowledge
- Read, research and study curricular resources, especially United Methodist materials, to provide highest quality in content for Christian education
- Partner with staff and lay leadership to expand youth engagement in the total life of the church
- Work with adult volunteers to lead weekly youth activities at Kingswood on Sundays (morning and evening) and Wednesdays (evening); engage youth in the life of the church; and actively interact with church members and guests
- Partner with Senior Pastor to implement and deliver Confirmation and other classes, and to include/increase youth participation in Sunday services via readings and prayers
- Explore opportunities for the youth to put their faith into action through caring for others
- Organize events and trips for the youth
- Grow the youth program by engaging with youth not currently involved via community events and a strengthened social media presence
- Engage in the recruiting, training, scheduling and mentoring of adult volunteers
- Train and monitor compliance to Safe Sanctuary requirements
- Assure that the safety and sanitary conditions of the youth café and youth Sunday school areas meet established requirements.
- Coordinate with staff and volunteers to publicize events.
- Responsibly manage the assigned budget for the youth ministry
- Attend staff meetings and report on progress in areas assigned
- Attend weekly Wednesday Night Suppers to engage families in the life of the
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 2 years experience developing and leading programs for youth, preferably in a church setting
- BS/BA degree preferred
- A commitment to growth, innovation, and creativity in using a variety of programs, styles, and forms of ministry to accomplish shared goals and mission of Kingswood Church.
- Able to attend required staff meetings, Sunday activities and other activities as assigned.
- Proficient in use of multi-social media resources/sites for communicating activities and engaging with community
- Ability to plan and manage schedules and budgets
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- A clean driving record including no DUI or Reckless Driving charges in the past 5 years
- Good oral and written communication skills
- A proven record of trustworthiness and integrity
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work with others, including staff, members, and volunteers, in a supportive, collegial team relationship supporting the ministries and mission of the church
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines and manage time efficiently
- Ability to establish and maintain appropriate boundaries consistent with Safe Sanctuary
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable
people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions. While performing the responsibilities
of the job, the employee is required to sit and use their hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee
is required to talk and hear, stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, and to stoop, kneel, and lift at least
20+ pounds to move equipment and materials.
Classification: Part-time, non-exempt
Hours: average 20-25 hours per week, including attendance at Sunday activities (morning and evening),
Wednesday fellowship (evening), and some meetings which may fall in the evenings or on the weekend is required.
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Equal Opportunity Employment:
Kingswood Church provides employment opportunity based on merit and business needs, and not on
race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, age, creed, physical disability, marital
status, veteran status, political affiliation, and as outlined in the 2016 Book of Discipline, Paragraph 162,
A, E, F, G, H, I, and J.
It is the policy of Kingswood Church to comply with the relevant and applicable provisions of the
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Kingswood Church will not discriminate against any qualified
employee or job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of
a person’s physical disability. Kingswood Church will also make reasonable accommodations wherever
necessary for all employees or applicants with disabilities, provided that the individual is otherwise
qualified to safely perform the essential duties and assignments connected with the job and provided
that any accommodations made do not impose an undue hardship on Kingswood Church.
Contact: Jan Ganzeveld
4896 N Peachtree Road Dunwoody GA 30338
Phone: (770) 457-1317
Email: Click to email