Part Time Director of Worship
Old Camp United Methodist Church
Job Title: Director of Worship
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Prepared Date: July 2023
Summary: Old Camp United Methodist Church in Carrollton, Georgia, seeks a passionate and spirit-filled Director of Worship. We are an inter-generational congregation of 200 members with the vision to “Love God, Love People, and Do Something about it.”
The Worship Leader will serve part-time (20 hours) to connect people with the love of God through music and worship leadership. This will be achieved by working with the Worship Team, Praise Band, Musicians, and Senior Pastor. He/she will be a gifted vocalist and instrumentalist presenting a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ with a vital, growing personal relationship with Him. Maintaining theology and doctrine consistent with Historic Christianity, Wesleyan Theology, and United Methodist beliefs, as well as demonstrating the overall vision of the church through precept and example, is a must.
- Provides oversight to activities related to praise and worship for Sunday morning worship services.
- Provides oversight to special services and events, including but not limited to Advent and Christmas Eve Services, Holy Week services, Special Sundays, Prayer Services, and any worship gatherings assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Collaborates with ministers and families to provide professional and appropriate music for wedding and funeral services.
- Assists in planning worship services and song selections with the Senior Pastor.
- Conducts worship walk-thru prior to service.
- Develops a stable praise band, including recruitment and training.
- Directs rehearsals for the band and sound/projection team.
- Facilitates small group devotional with the Worship Team.
- Attend staff and other meetings as necessary to ensure good coordination and communication.
- Design set up of worship space, with approval of Senior Pastor.
- Works with Planning Center online to produce worship outline.
- Provides a worship experience that incorporates modern, contemporary, and traditional genres.
- Maintain a positive culture and team spirit among the Old Camp staff by modeling the core values of the church.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Music Education background and/or experience, preferred.
- Previous Church Staff experience is preferred.
To apply, forward your resume and media file (audio acceptable, video preferred) to Administrative Assistant Rhonda Bumgardner and Senior Pastor Douglas Herlong at 77 Old Camp Church Road, Carrollton, Ga 30117 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Contact: Douglas Herlong
77 Old Camp Church Road Carrollton GA 30117
Email: Click to email