Director of Student Ministries
FUMC-Panama City Youth Minister Job Description
- Set the vision for the youth ministry with a plan to carry it out for 6th – 12th Grade Students
- The vision should include an emphasis on evangelism, spiritual growth, leadership development and engagement in the life of the church.
- Teach the vision and purpose of Youth Ministry to all volunteers, staff, students and congregation.
- Develop and lead programs that:
- Create outreach programs, activities and events (Evangelism)
- Foster spiritual growth opportunities for youth to worship, serve in local, national and international missions, fellowship with each other, learn Biblical truths and apply them to their lives. (Spiritual Growth)
- Develop a plan for students who want to reach out and serve others, impacting them with the love of Christ (Leadership Development)
- Ensure student participation in the overall ministry of the church through service. (Engagement)
- Recruit, develop and train an Adult Volunteer Leadership Team to help build relationships with students by:
- Build a team to assist you with carrying out overall ministry to students, small groups and school campuses.
- Build and maintain relationships with youth in the church and community.
- Meet regularly with youth in the church.
- Develop relationships with Middle and High School Students, in our ministry area.
- MS - University Academy, Bay Haven, North Bay Haven, Jinks, Holy Nativity, Mowat, Surfside,
- HS - Bay, Mosley, North Bay Haven, Arnold, and Rutherford
- Seek out opportunities to “hang out” with youth on campus, at events, or in the P.C., Tyndall and P.C.B Communities
- Build and maintain quality relationships with parents
- Communicate with parents the purpose of the youth ministry
(Examples: Spiritual Growth, Student Leadership, Engagement in the life of the church)
- Create avenues of consistent contact with parents (E-mails, Social Media, Etc.)
- Become aware of the needs of the parents
- Network with other youth workers in the community
- Initiate contact with other youth workers to pray for the community
- Meet regularly with other youth workers, encouraging each other, sharing ideas and experiences
- Program or attend area events with other youth ministries annually
- Oversee and manage the youth ministry budget designated by the Finance Committee
- Set a budget based on values and purpose
- Be prudent with finances, stay within the designated budget.
Qualifications and Experience
The applicant should have a minimum of 5 years of Youth Ministry experience. A strong understanding of Scripture and it’s application to our everyday lives. The applicant should be able to help lead Praise and Worship for our regular Youth Meetings and/or develop a Youth Praise and Worship Team to do so
Desired Skill Set
The applicant should be personable, enthusiastic, creative, adaptable, highly motivated, a team builder and team player, able to relate to all students and their parents. In addition, this person should be have some basic skill sets with computer, audio-visual, social media and technology
- Help students to discover ways to utilize their gifts and graces to serve the body of Christ (acolytes, choir, praise team, tech ministry, usher/greeter, missions, etc.).
- Attend weekly church staff meeting
- Provide a verbal report to the senior pastor of your goals, accomplishments, prayers and praises
- Be attentive to a growing military community in our area. Continually, looking for ways to connect with Tyndall AFB Family Support and Tyndall Academy.
Contact: Jeremy Pridgeon
822 East Business Hwy 98 Panama City FL 32401
Email: Click to email