Front Desk Receptionist
First United Methodist Church of Lawrenceville
Connecting the Church with the Community and the Community with the Church
Title: Front Desk Receptionist
Part time church staff, Salaried
The Front Desk Receptionist will be responsible for providing accurate administrative support while maintaining a professional and courteous attitude towards LVfirst members, visitors, and staff via the telephone or in person.
- Perform the full range of receptionist duties for the church office, including but not limited to, answering, and directing all incoming calls, greeting members or visitors in the reception area, notifying the appropriate personnel, keeping current information available pertaining to calendar events, brochures, or other activities and meetings on any given day to point them in the right direction. Direct assistance requests to appropriate resources and involve a pastor if necessary.
- Schedule and maintain calendar for the church including scheduling facility events (concerts, banquets, weddings, funerals, etc.), campground events, bus usage, staff time off, and other calendar items as necessary. Complete appropriate reservation forms, work order forms, and other forms as needed and collect payments. Confirm events that other staff members have calendared. Coordinate with campground caretaker and Boy Scout Troup 56 Leader regarding church and campground usage.
- Manage church bus/van usage including scheduling, preparing key packets for use, notifying Church Administrator when trip reports indicate an issue or problem, maintain notebooks for each vehicle, and coordinate with Church Administrator and mechanic when service is needed.
- Maintain Reducing the Risk safe sanctuary database for staff and volunteers. Enter information into ACS, submit background checks for processing, and complete and file all paperwork as needed.
- Manage community service volunteers by processing Reducing the Risk background checks and coordinate community service hours with Facilities Director or Campground Caretaker.
- General day to day responsibilities include but are not limited to correspondence, filing, operating office equipment, purchase and maintain inventory of office supplies and medical supplies for medicine cabinet, and notarization of papers which require a notary.
- Process outgoing mail on daily basis, assist with bulk mail mailings, maintain postage machine and supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a team player, self-starter with the ability to multi task and possess strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Possess the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines while maintaining a helpful and friendly attitude towards members, visitors, and staff.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Special Needs including Hours and Locations:
- Must be a Notary or willing become a Notary.
Contact: Jeff Poynter
395 West Crogan Street PO Box 2127 Lawrenceville GA 30046
Phone: 7709630386 ext. 127
Email: Click to email