Title: Director of Music and Worship
General Description and Purpose:
The Director of Music & Worship is responsible for the total music ministry of the church. The Director of Music and Worship brings the people closer to God’s new creation by nurturing artistic beauty, building caring relationships, and planning worship that provides glimpses into the loving heart of the Creator.
Accountability: To the Pastor and Staff Parish Relations committee
· Direct the hymns and Chancel Choir anthems for the Sunday morning traditional worship services.
· Select choir anthem music for the Sunday morning traditional worship services. Selections should provide a variety of music, including traditional and contemporary music, and should be appropriately coordinated with the liturgical calendar. Whenever possible, the anthem should follow the theme or sermon for the worship service.
· Submit anthem titles and special music titles for each Sunday’s worship services to the church secretary in a timely manner.
· Rehearse the choir weekly (Wednesday evenings 6:30-7:30 pm) and at additional times as identified by special needs.
· Work closely with accompanists. Music selections should be given to the accompanists well in advance of their rehearsal and performance by the choir. Practice with accompanists before choir practices and/or before each Sunday worship service.
· Arrange for special soloists, accompanists or instrumentalists when needed and use the music budget for their payment, upon approval from Senior Pastor.
· Maintain the music library (filing and organizing) and keeping the music room orderly and neat.
· Prepare and oversee the annual music budget.
· Oversee maintenance of all musical instruments
· Lead and rehearse with the handbell choir.
• Attend Worship Committee meetings to facilitate communication and planning. Meetings are usually held either monthly or bi-monthly before choir practice.
• Be responsible for finding a substitute when absent and informing the Pastor of absence beforehand.
Contact: Nelson Furtado
Address: 5985 Jonesboro Rd Morrow GA 30260
Email: Click to email