This position requires someone with the highest Christian character and moral integrity who has a desire to serve Jesus Christ in this area of the church ministry dealing with all aspects of local church financial support. The position requires a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and experience in purchase orders, bill paying, and payroll processing. Additionally, competency in the use of the Realm Church Software or a similar church software is required (Bright Star uses Realm, but experience with another would be transferable). The individual must be comfortable handling church monetary receipts and basic banking activities. Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently with a flexible schedule are required.
The position of Financial Secretary is under the authority of the Senior Pastor and the Staff-Parish Relations Committee or their designee.
The position of Financial Secretary is a salaried, part-time employee whose compensation is based on an average of 20 hours per week.
Essential Job Duties: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform these essential job duties)
- Input to financial software all data concerning monies counted by church auditors, including but not limited to: tithes and offerings; Wednesday Night Supper proceeds; vending machine and coffee money; monetary gifts in addition to tithes and offerings; facility rental fees; and proceeds from special events, such as Fall Bazaar, Yard Sale, Children's Consignment Sale.
- Receive copies of deposit slips and weekly donation checks and reconcile with deposit receipts from the bank.
- Management of purchase orders, bills, and accounts payable.
- Perform all accounting functions and prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for the Finance Committee using Realm software.
- Attend monthly meetings of the Finance Committee and Church Administrative Council.
- Handle all aspects of payroll and insurance payments.
- Work to become proficient with the Realm Church Software.
- Communicate any financial concerns to the Senior Pastor
- Other related duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor or SPRC.
Employee must be able to meet minimal physical demands which include frequent sitting and vision necessary to complete all essential job duties.
This position is primarily an inside work environment that is climate-controlled with a moderate noise level
Vacation benefits shall be negotiated at time of hiring based on the guidelines outlined in the General Policies-Personnel.
Contact: Laura Frank
3715 Bright Star Rd. Douglasville GA 30135
Email: Click to email