Preschool Director - Kingswood UMC Preschool
About Kingswood Preschool
The purpose of the Preschool is to join hands with families to provide a base upon which to build their children’s lives in the manner of Christ’s teaching and to provide a place whereby our children may find intellectual, spiritual, emotional, social, and physical growth. The Kingswood Preschool is an extension of the Family and Children’s Ministry of Kingswood Church. The Church strives to be a loving community where all are welcome, the lost are found, and disciples are made for the transformation of the world. Learn more at
The Director of The Kingswood Preschool supports the mission of the church by developing and executing a developmentally appropriate educational program for young children ages two - Kindergarten. An ideal candidate demonstrates enthusiasm, dedication, empathy, and sensitivity in working with all people, but especially the young children, their parents, and the staff.
Qualifications and Skills:
Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in an education related field, preferably early childhood education, with quality experience as a preschool director or early childhood educator.
- Competence in the supervision of preschool staff and financial administration.
- Experience with the developmental, emotional, physical, cognitive, and spiritual development of the preschool aged child and the ability to counsel parents and children as needed.
- Ability to manage the finances of the Preschool (i.e., tuition, fees, deposits, etc.).
- Must have CPR/First Aid certification, renewed every two years, pass a background check, and follow and enforce Kingswood Church’s Safe Sanctuary Policy.
- Lead a team of teachers and substitutes in the day-to-day operations of the preschool, including special events. Schedule work hours for staff and provide opportunities for a minimum of ten hours of on-going training for staff development each year. Conduct formal staff reviews. Observe and evaluates staff on an ongoing basis.
- Work with the Director of Family and Children Ministries and the Senior Pastor to develop a preschool program which will enhance spiritual, educational, and emotional development of the children while following state regulations (Bright from the Start) as well as adhering to the North Georgia UMC’s school of excellence certification guidelines.
- Openly communicate with current and prospective parents via tours, newsletters, texting, and emails, as well as social media.
- Conduct routine safety and health inspections of all rooms and equipment.
- Implement and check for compliance of all school policies.
- Report any cases of suspected child abuse or neglect as required by law.
- Implement and supervise registration and enrollment and maintain a student database.
- Coordinate and promote special events related to the preschool and church.
- Attend Preschool Board/Advisory Board meetings, Church council meetings, lead monthly staff meetings.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, which may not be specifically outlined in this job description.
Part-time, non-exempt. Average 30 hours per week.
$35,000 - $45,000, with possibility for pension
Does this Sound like you?
Then we want to meet you! Please email email@example.com
The Equal Opportunity Employment Kingswood Church provides employment opportunity based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, age, creed, physical disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, and as outlined in the 2016 Book of Discipline, Paragraph 162, A, E, F, G, H, I, and J. It is the policy of Kingswood Church to comply with the relevant and applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Kingswood Church will not discriminate against any qualified employee or job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of a person’s physical disability.
Email: Click to email