Rooted Retreats are the North Georgia Conference fall youth retreats (spring retreats are called Spiritual Life retreats). In the fall, we provide powerful worship experiences, dedicated youth group time, fun activities, as well as food and lodging at Glisson Camp and Retreat Center.
While the spring retreats are inward focused toward personal spiritual growth, the fall Rooted retreats are focused on group formation and community involvement and outreach. The two Rooted weekends are very similar in structure and schedule, we have two so that everyone will have a chance to attend!
Rooted retreats will provide a powerful retreat experience where youth leaders and volunteers can spend their time developing and strengthening relationships while we take care of the details. This will be a time to foster connection and allow you (the youth leader) to be fully present with your students and volunteers.
October 28th-30th, 2022
November 4th-6th, 2022
Registration Steps for 2022 NGUMC Rooted Retreats:
First, complete the 2022 Rooted Retreat Pre-Registration Google Form
in order to begin the registration process. Once you have completed the pre-registration form, your information will then be manually input into the registration system.
Pending availability, you will receive an email with important information to pay your group’s deposit and complete the registration process within 3-5 days of completing the pre-registration form. Please note that your requested spots will not be reserved/confirmed until the deposits have been received for each spot.
To manage your group’s registration (name attendees, submit allergy information, and t-shirt sizes, etc.) and pay your balance, please follow the below instructions:
- Login to your account at this link. If you do not have an account or cannot see the 2022 NGUMC Rooted Retreat Registration option, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Under your retreat registration listing, click the Manage Attendees button. You can also pay your deposit or final balance by selecting Make Payment.
- Click the blue + Invite Attendee under each attendee category:
- Click Invite Attendee (this allows you to send an email to the parent/guardian of the attendee to input their participant information)
- Click Name Attendee (this allows you to select an attendee that has come to a retreat with you before OR input the information of a new attendee)
- You will need the name, birthdate, grade level, gender, t-shirt size, parent email address, and any food allergies the attendee may have.
**Our system guards against duplicates and will not allow you to add a participant to your account if they have any previous registration history in our system (summer camp or past retreats); if this applies to someone you are trying to add, please email email@example.com**
The total cost for this retreat is $155 per person. There is a $50 non-refundable, non-transferable deposit in order to reserve a spot for the retreat. Any spots canceled after paying the deposit will result in the loss of the $50 deposit, and will not be transferred to cover the remaining balances for other attendees. Because of this, we recommend starting at a lower number and adding spots (if available) once you fill your registration spots.
If you have any general questions about the registration process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call the Glisson Office at 706-864-6181.
Important Deadlines for 2022 NGUMC Rooted Retreat #1
Important Deadlines for 2022 NGUMC Rooted Retreat #2
Friday, October 14th: Final numbers and final payment are due.
- On this date, invoices will be sent to churches based on the numbers reserved for their group. Spots dropped prior to October 14th will only be charged $50.00 (the loss of the deposit). To delete spots before this deadline, email email@example.com. After October 14th, full payment will be expected for the numbers reserved by each church.
Friday, October 21st: All participant information (names, birthdates, grade levels, t-shirt sizes, and food allergies) will need to be entered into the registration system.
Additional spots may also be requested up until October 21st, pending availability. To add spots before this deadline, email firstname.lastname@example.org