The North Georgia Conference will be hosting in-person Clergy Ethics trainings between January 23, 2023 and March 25, 2023. In order to be in good standing and eligible to continue to serve under appointment, all clergy and lay supply must attend one of these 2023 scheduled sessions.
(Read an FAQ on the 2023 Clergy Ethics Trainings
This training fulfills our denominational requirement for all clergy and lay supply to complete an ethics training each quadrennium (2016 Book of Resolutions ¶2044). Attending one of these 2023 trainings will fulfill the required ethics training for the next quadrennium, January 1, 2023-December 31, 2026.
All sessions will be held from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, with the exception of the Sunday session on March 12th which will be held from 2:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Attendees MUST be present for the entire training. Please select a session that you can attend from the beginning to the end. The cost of the training is $100 and you will receive 0.6 Continuing Education Units for fully participating during the entire session.
To be in compliance, we are requesting all clergy and lay supply complete a criminal background check. You will receive further instructions regarding your background check prior to your registered ethics session. The registration fee includes the cost of processing a criminal background check.
The schedule is:
- Monday, January 23 – Newnan First UMC
- Thursday, January 26 – Dunwoody UMC
- Tuesday, January 31 – Madison First UMC
- Thursday, February 23 – Gainesville First UMC
- Monday, February 27 – Marietta First UMC
- Sunday, March 12 – Trinity @ the Well UMC (2:00p-8:00p)
- Wednesday, March 15 – Cannon UMC, Snellville
- Thursday, March 23 – Peachtree Road UMC, Atlanta
- Saturday, March 25 – Douglasville First UMC
While a session is scheduled in every district, clergy may register for any session that is most convenient.
If you have questions please contact the Rev. Leigh Martin at 678-533-1372 or by email at email@example.com.