Pastors and worship planners, we all know the struggle. Planning weeks and even months ahead for worship allows you to be more creative, thoughtful, and prepared! But how do you make time and space in the calendar to do the planning? Kindling the Fire is your answer. On March 18-19, pastors, preachers, and worship leaders will immerse themselves in Revised Common Lectionary readings of Scripture. Then through creative, collaborative worship design and experiences, you can expect to leave with preaching and worship plans for June 2019 thru January of 2020. Join us and (re)kindle the fire of worship planning and inspiration!
The Registration Fee is $200, and covers materials, worship experiences, catered meals, and private overnight accommodations at the Atlanta Marriott Northeast/Emory Area, 2000 Century Blvd NE, Atlanta, GA 30345.
For those that would rather commute in for each day and not spend the night, the fee is $75.
What Will You Do at the Retreat?
• Hear lectionary lessons read aloud by District Superintendents and church leaders as you take notes and record your ideas
• Spend quiet time developing your themes, objectives, and images for each Sunday
• Identify potential preaching series within the lectionary
• Discuss themes, observations, and insights season-by-season for the months ahead
• Coordinate your preaching schedule with vacation plans and other personal calendar considerations
What Will You Take Home?
• A plan for preaching June 2019 - January 2020.
• A coordinated worship calendar with themes and texts that can be shared with worship leaders, staff and key laity.
* New this year: Hands-on experience creating original altar-scapes and worship visuals to enhance your congregation's engagement in worship.