The credit union has partnered with Sprig by CO-OP, a smartphone, tablet and web app that will allow members to make check deposits using the camera on their mobile device. In addition, they can check account balances, transfer between accounts (including accounts from other Sprig participating credit unions), pay loans from one institution to another, and make person-to-person payments. UMC FCU members can go to www.GetSprig.com for details and to register.
UMC FCU lifts up several important things for members to know:
- Like our online banking, there is no upfront cost, monthly fees, or transaction fees for using Sprig
- There is a check deposit limit of $1,500 per day, and $5,000 per month
- Sprig by CO-OP uses the CO-OP Shared Branching network; when searching for our credit union during registration, you will find our name listed as UMC FCU, just like the credit union service centers
- While Sprig by CO-OP has many similar features with our online banking product, it will not replace it. Please continue to use the credit union online banking for important services like BillPayer
- Download on the App Store or Google Play
Sprig is a product of CO-OP Financial Services, the company that coordinates credit union Shared Branching nationwide. FAQ's can be found at www.GetSprig.com
or through their helpline at 866-698-8896.