Nominations Process for Conference Leadership Underway
It is time to begin identifying nominees for the Conference boards and committees that will serve for the 2016-2020 Quadrennium.
The Conference Nominations Committee needs you to indicate your willingness to serve or to encourage possible leaders to complete the online Interest Form.
Between now and October 31, the North Georgia Annual Conference will accept online Interest Forms from all persons interested in serving on a Conference Committee or Board —laity and clergy, persons serving in positions now and those who want to serve in the future must all submit an interest form.
The North Georgia Conference is looking for resourceful and committed leadership who have vision, leadership skills and a passion for the work of the particular board or committee on which they are interested.
Pastors, district superintendents, district nominating committees, and laity can help with the process by recruiting and identifying persons in local churches who should to submit an Interest Form for leadership in the annual conference.
Steps in the leadership selection process are:
- IDENTIFICATION—Clergy and laity who want to be considered for nomination to any conference leadership position must identify themselves as potential candidates for leadership by submitting an Interest Form. Persons who do not fill out an Interest Form will not be considered for nomination. October 31, 2015 is the deadline for submitting Interest Forms.
- NOMINATION — The District Committee on Nominations will receive and evaluate Interest Forms and coordinate the nominations process with the Conference Committee on Nominations. The Conference Committee on Nominations will submit a slate of nominees (committee and board chairs and members) to the 2016 Annual Conference.
- ELECTION — The annual conference will elect the leadership team for the 2016-2020 Quadrennium at the annual conference in June 2016.
- TRAINING — After annual conference in 2016, training will be given to the newly elected leadership in the Summer of 2016.
- SERVING — The newly elected conference leaders will begin July 1, 2016.
Please visit www.ngumc.org/ConferenceLeadership2016
to indicate your willingness to serve.