5 Considerations for Communicating About COVID-19
Communicating about positive COVID-19 cases in the church is another area we should be careful to "do no harm." Oversharing or withholding information could both be potentially harmful.
Some considerations for clergy and church leaders:
- Consider who needs information on the positive COVID case. Does there need to be churchwide communication? Do you need to reach out to a small group? An individual?
- Share consistent, accurate information.
- Be transparent without breaching privacy. Avoid publicly sharing names without express permission.
- Follow the communication advice of your county/regional public health officials.
- Develop a response plan for answering questions from the congregation and community.