5 Retiring Bishops Honored by Southeastern Jurisdiction
On Thursday, November 3, the SEJ Conference held a special Celebration of Retiring Bishops for the four SEJ bishops who retired in 2021 and Bishop James Swanson, who will retire in 2022. Honored were:
- • Bishop James Swanson, who was elected in 2004 and will retire in 2022, and his wife, Delphine
- • Bishop Hope Morgan Ward, elected in 2004 and retired in 2021, and her husband, Mike
- • Bishop Mary Virginia Taylor, elected in 2004 and retired in 2021, and her husband, Rusty
- • Bishop Paul Leeland, elected in 2008 and retired in 2021, and his wife, Janet
- • Bishop Lawson Bryan, elected in 2016 and retired in 2021, and his wife, Sherrill.
The celebration was coordinated by North Georgia Conference clergy retiree Rev. Mike Selleck. A brief personal introduction and video were shared for each bishop lifting up the breadth of their service and influence in the Church.