Kindling the Fire: New Date and Location for Beloved Sermon Planning Retreat
Kindling the Fire, March 18-20, North Georgia Conference Center: Note CHANGE IN LOCATION and DATE
Kindling the Fire is a worship and sermon planning retreat for pastors and preachers/teachers. It immerses participants in scripture, exposes worship planners to creative, new ideas, allows those who lead worship to experience it anew, and sends participants home with months-worth of customized worship and sermon plans for their context.
In order to maximize your time, experience, and take-home resources, we’ve made notable changes to this upcoming event:
Kindling the Fire will now take place Monday, March 18, at 1 pm thru Tuesday, March 19, at 6 pm
, at the North Georgia Conference Center
, 1700 Century Circle, Atlanta, GA 30345. Participants will receive:
- All the same resources and materials, including the 2019-2020 UM Worship and Music Planner;
- 4 planning sessions (Summer, Fall Kick Off, Fall Deeper Dive, and Advent);
- Worship services in two different local congregations;
- Face time with practitioners, and district superintendents;
- And catered meals to keep you fueled for creativity.
Overnight participants will enjoy private accommodation at the Atlanta Marriott Northeast/Emory Area, 2000 Century Blvd NE, Atlanta, GA 30345. Cost is $200 for overnight participants. If you wish to attend as a day commuter, cost is only $75.
Yes, we lose a half day of planning, and time away in the North Georgia Mountains. But our hope is that these changes will increase the value of the overall experience to your preaching and planning for your local church. Register today at www.ngumc.org/kindlingthefire.